Sunday, June 22, 2008

 

"You did everything there is to do in Colorado in one day"

Busy weekend here in Colorado. Friday Lynn and I went out for a few cocktails with some friends. It was a bit of a late night but that didn't really slow me down on Saturday.

Early Saturday afternoon, Alexis, Lynn, Buckeye, and I drove out the Genesse to tackle an "easy" 3 mile hike. I don't know who Alexis was talking to about this hike being easy... it turned out being 3.5 miles long and taking us about 2.5 hours. Thankfully the only wildlife we saw was a grass snake, but it left an impression on one of us in the group (not me). The adventure for me was when I fell into the river. Yes, I slipped on a rock and fell basically face first into the water. I have a few scratches but thankfully no major injuries... I guess after I fell I laid their for a bit (stunned I think) before pulling myself out. If you are wondering, I wasn't playing too closely to the water, in fact we had to traverse the river multiple times on the hike that lead us into a valley and back up a mountain. Beautiful.... but a bit rough for my first hike in CO.

After the hike Alexis and I went to a Denver Outlaws game. The Outlaws are the Major League Lacrosse team here in town. They played the Chicago Machine and won. It may have been one of the most boring things I have been to (because I don't know anything about the sport and I was a bit tired). But the cool thing is they play there games at Invesco Field where the Broncos play. And thanks to some internet magic, Alexis had gotten us the "Ladies All Access" pass for the game ($3-5 more than a regular ticket) where we got a beer and we went onto the field to meet the players after the game. It was really neat because there were only 10 of us women that got to go behind the scenes and actually onto the field. They had one of the players, Mike Ward (former Duke Lacrosse player) ready to take pictures with us. The team photographer took our pictures and then had it printed for us, so Mike was able to sign them also. In addition, we met about 5 other players and the head coach, having them all sign the free poster we got for attending the game.

After the long day Alexis and I went to the Tavern Uptown for a drink where we met one of my friends and called it an early evening.

Today, we started the day by going to the Greek Festival for a gyro on the way to the Rockies game. The gyro wasn't worth the money or the wait. Plus it was 90+ today so it was a bugger being outside. The Rockies lost to the Mets but it turned into a pretty decent day for baseball. Gotta love them Rockies.....





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?