Saturday, January 12, 2008

 

Tea & Sea Lions

Yesterday, I was finally able to take mom to Tea @ 1024, one of my favorite restaurants downtown. Jeannie and Sharon met Mom, Alexis and I to enjoy tiny sandwiches and scones which were very filling.

Today, Mom, Bob and I went to Sea Life Park for a Sea Lion adventure. My friend Amanda knows people that work at Sea Life Park and was able to get us an awesome deal... employee rates!! Once we got to the park, we were able to walk around a bit. It is fairly small, but much nicer than I expected. We watched the sea lion show and then we had our encounter. The biggest surprise was that no one else was signed up for the encounter so it was just the three of us, three trainers and two beautiful sea lions. The girls were both 23 years old and blind (yes one almost ran into Bob and I). We were able to go into their enclosure, feed them, pet them, pose for pictures, and even get kisses from them. I can't explain how cool it was. Sea Life Park is one of only 4 places in the world you can do this. After our encounter we watched the Dolphin Cove show, which included a Wolphin.

*** I would like to thank everyone for the support at graduation. I have received cards and gifts from several people and I am very thankful. Thank you, thank you.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?