Thursday, January 10, 2008

 

GRADUATION

It finally came... today was my graduation from HPU... even though I am still finishing my final paper, I walked across the stage with my fellow classmates (most of them still haven't finished either).

I was slightly worried that I would not be receiving many lei's as my family isn't used to the tradition. But I was wrong.... I ended up with 24 lei's... Thank you to everyone. I received lei's from the following people...

Mom & Bob, Dad & Kristal, Grandma Nita & George, Aunt Debbie, Kyra, Alexis, Lynn, Lynn's Parents ( Jerry & Terry), Gretchen, Talsha, Sharon, Scott, Linda, Heidi, Kristane, Dr. Wee & Jeannie, Dr. Penny Smith, Manabu, Grandpa Fred, Amanda, Juliet, & Mimmi

It was an amazing experience. A Hawaiian graduation with a traditional Hawaiian Chant is truly something you only experience once in a life time. I have really loved my time here in Hawaii and I am sad that I will not see some of my friends and co-workers again. Everyone has touched me in a lasting way and I am thankful for that.

After the graduation ceremony, we headed home to open presents, then to the bar. We hit Mercury, our after class hangout and then down to Waikiki for a few drinks. Over all it was a great night.

I'm happy to hear that some of my family back home were able to watch graduation online. Thanks for staying up for it!!!

Comments:
CONGRATS TASH
IM NOT USED TO STAYING UP SO LATE BUT IT WAS WORTH IT TO SEE YOU GRADUATE.
LOVE YA
GRAM AND GEORGE
 
Congradulations Natasha,
I got to see the whole thing on my computer...I drank alot of pepsi so I wouldn't miss anything. I am very proud of you. Grandma and George watched it all and so did Grandpa Fred in Wyoming, he messaged me when it was over and said it was fun to watch and listen to all the speakers. Love you lots, see you soon.
Aunt Debbie
 
Congrats Tash-- I saw the chairs, walking in etc. but my computer not good enough to stay on long enough at a time to get it all. Glad you had such a wonderful event! Love Grandma
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?