Wednesday, October 31, 2007

 

Happy Halloween!!

It's Halloween and my costume is almost ready... Alexis and I are catching a plane to Lahaina, Maui this afternoon. Lahaina has one of the best Halloween block parties ever!! But I can't tell you about it yet since I haven't gone.... so this is a recap of my Denver trip, or SUPER Sports Weekend as I like to call it.

Saturday we went to the World Series game 3 at Coors field it was The Rockies vs. The Red Sox. The game was amazing... I can't explain the energy in the stadium. We had really good seats along the 1st baseline surrounded by Rockies fans and a few Red Sox fans. Thankfully Alexis and I decided to support the Rockies, because it was a tough crowd. Baseball fans are really intense and the World Series is a huge deal. Luckily mom and Bob had purchased us Rockies shirts and beanies prior to the game so we blended in... and mom and Bob kinda wore neutral colors so we weren't harassed too much. In the end the Red Sox won game 3, 10 to 5, and they won the series 4-0.

Sunday we dropped mom and Bob off at the airport and headed to the Pepsi Center, where I had purchased tickets to the Avalanche game for Alexis' birthday. The game was good, the Avalanche beat the Minnesota Wild 3-1. It was y first professional hockey game.

Monday was the BIG day! Packers vs. Broncos, Monday Night Football. What a great experience. I honestly thought we were in Wisconsin when we got to the stadium, Invesco at Mile High. There were more Packer fans then Broncos fans.... I guess we know how to tailgate. We arrived a little after 3pm with our beer and made friends with other tailgaters. Surprisingly everyone was super nice. Like I always say... nobody hates the Packers. I have yet to come across anyone that dislikes Green Bay and the Broncos fans weren't any different. They all seemed to respect Brett Favre and the Pack so it was a great experience. While tailgating we even ran into a couple of the famous sausages, that race at Brewers games. The game itself was really good. The Packers won in overtime 19-13, thanks to an 82 yard pass by Brett.

Denver was a great trip!!! Only bad thing was that taxi's were hard to come by.... but I heart Denver!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?