Sunday, March 04, 2007

 

Hawaii Theatre for the Youth benefit

What an amazing time!! It was well worth the price of the ticket. Heidi and I arrived early at the event which allowed us to get seats in the third row, until they asked us if we wanted to move up a row. The show itself was a preview of the upcoming season. Eight HTY members were on stage along with seven actors from LOST. Matthew Fox, Henry Ian Cusack, Michael Emerson, Jorge Garcia, Elizabeth Mitchell, Terry O'Quinn and Daniel Dae Kim were there and performed for about an hour and a half. They were great, the show was a reading so no costumes but the actors were hilarious. Dr. Kearns wrote one of the plays for the upcoming season so they performed that and one of the company actors performed a short 'talk story' by Dr. Kearns. After the performance there was a meet and greet with pupu's and wine. It was a lovely time, I got my picture will everyone but Matthew Fox (apparently he had to cut out early). I also walked around with Dr. Kearns taking his photo with the actors. That small task may have allowed for me to get reimbursed for my ticket from HPU. What a very enjoyable experience.

Comments:
WOW..You are one lucky girl....I am so glad you get to experience all this...take care and see you soon..Love MOM
 
As I said before Tash--you have wonderful experiences over there!!Love, Grandma
 
Very cool! I was there, too, and enjoyed it immensely. I posted a little review of the show on my blog. Michael Emerson totally stole the show, but they were all a treat to see on stage!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?